Saturday, December 22, 2007

achhh... moving!

I.

Hate.

Moving.


*sigh* but it must be done. This place has been pretty good to me: it started off as an 'easy out' when my lease at the old condo on Cook became non-renewable, but it turned out to be a nice, cheap, central place to live in while I spent a year at UVic. Now that I'm back at work and trying to change things up, a move seems like a logical thing to do. Of course, sharing a place with matty is going to be cool (if weird-I've lived alone for almost three years now).

Anyway, the move is next weekend and already I'm starting to organize and do some preliminaries. Took all the empties to the depot today. I'll be giving away some clothes and starting to pack up non-essential stuff pretty soon. The landlords at this building are really nice, but they have a pretty demanding 'move-out' checklist, and it's costly if you don't comply with all the points on the list. Damn.

Anyway, I'm still in a good mood overall and looking forward to Christmas, then the Cardboard New Years party that Matt and I will be hosting. I bet that by 6pm on Dec 31st the last thing I'll want to do is host a party, but by 10pm I'll be stoked about it. Can you say Red Bull and Vodka???

bms

No comments: