Sunday, December 23, 2007

the gift of music

I just finished polishing off an updated edition of my Music Sampler DVD. I'm giving a copy to a friend at work who I think is going to really dig this stuff. I set it up as a disc with two directories: Sampler and Albums. The Sampler has about 40 songs in it that I hand-picked to be sort of representative of each artist on the disc. Then, in Albums, I have one (or more) albums for each artist in the Sampler. Hopefully it's an easy way for people to scout out what they like and dislike without accidentally tossing a great artist aside because they happened to stumble upon one of their weaker tracks. Without the Sampler, it's a bit daunting to really get into this thing, because there's 4 gigs of music on it!!!

Anyway, I love introducing people to new music. I think it's just because I personally LOVE it when someone else gets me hooked on new tunes (huge thanks go out here to my brother, Matt, and good buddy Pete, both of whom are probably my biggest influences).

So, if anyone wants a copy of this bad boy, just let me know!!!

Highlighted genres/artists on this edition of the Sampler are:
Instrumental funkiness
Greyboy-Freestylin-07-Lite_Bake.mp3
Stanton Moore-All Kooked Out-04-Blues for Ben.mp3

Can you say "modern new orleans funk?"
Galactic-Crazyhorse Mongoose-07-Change My Ways (Pt. 2).mp3

Big/Breakbeat electronic goodness
Salmonella Dub-One Drop East-06-Ez On.mp3
10-pendulum_-_hold_your_colour-boss.mp3

HipHop minus the bullshit
Jurassic 5-Power In Numbers-06-A Day At The Races.mp3

hiphop meets other genres
01 - Mind Control.mp3 (by stephen marley)
G. Love - Lemonade - 08 - Thanks and Praise.mp3
01 radio free dc (feat afrika bambaataa and king kamonzi).mp3 (by Fort Knox Five)
Bullfrog-Bullfrog-14-Nice Try.mp3

No comments: