Sunday, October 21, 2007

more Bratislava

I'm just having too much fun here in Bratislava to leave any sooner than absolutely necessary, so I've extended my stay one more time, and I'll be taking an early train tomorrow to Vienna, and then connecting directly to the airport by bus. From there, I fly to Toronto at 2pm, arriving at 7:30. My connection to Vancouver departs at 10pm, and lands at 12:30am, so I should have my luggage and be cleared through immigration by 1:30 or so. From there it's a snooze on a bench until 6 when I can get a bus to the ferry (I hope: still need to confirm that the airport PCL to the ferry goes to that early boat). --UPDATE: nope, the first bus from YVR is for the 9am ferry. Oh well, I can still make that.--

We have family friends in Delta that offered to pick me up and let me sleep after my flight, but I've decided to just tough it out and do the whole trip home in one go. It's a sort of masochistic pleasure that can be derived from doing a ridiculous stretch of travel. I think Slovakia->Austria->Toronto->Vancouver->Victoria is pretty good. I'm sure I'll count the hours up and make a big deal out of how long it took. You can all look forward to me being loudmouthed about that one!

I don't really have anything blogworthy to report from Bratislava, it's just been a really relaxed, laid back place to chill out for the end of the trip. This hostel is just awesome: their restaurant is absolutely fantastic! I've had four meals here so far, each one just amazing. Going to have another tonight after a bit of a nap (ok, ok, so I was out until 4am last night. There's a group of 12 british girls here at the moment... what can I say? ;)

This will probably be the last entry from foreign soil, unless I find a terminal in Vienna to use while I waste time. I'd like to finish up with something profound, but I think I'll leave it for now, and perhaps write up something interesting after I get home. If I never get around to that, though, let me just thank everyone who's come by here, and especially those of you who left comments for me: they really helped to keep me going a couple of times, and were a constant reminder of all my friends and family back at home. much appreciated everyone!

cheers,
bms

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike;
I'll be at the ferry terminal to pick you up at 10:30-----wahooooooo.
Mom xoxoxoox

Tammie Jeppesen said...

It's been a pleasure reading your posts, Mike! I'm gonna miss it - perhaps you'll have to keep it going in some sort of fictional way - haha.

Happy and safe travels home.

Anonymous said...

yeah dude. safe and travels. beers, galactic and stories when you gets back.

Anonymous said...

Happy travels. Let's hook up at Shine again soon. I'll treat you to some good ol' predictable bacon & eggs, etc... Claire

Anonymous said...

Alright man, come on home with some stories for us. Save the nastiest for the boys in the locker room! It's been fun reading your adventures as they've unfolded, nice work. See ya soon... DA