Monday, October 1, 2007

a few pics

I had a little time to kill again here, so I thought I'd post up some of the pics that I left on the machine yesterday.

Here's the painting that I really enjoyed. I think I mentioned it in one of my earlier posts.


This is inside that weird cement momunent thing.


Here's one of the statues that lined the interior of that monument. I couldn't get any great shots, because I was peering down from the elevated platform in the middle into the shadows.


And finally, the pod-like dark glass thing is the internet joint that I used on my arrival here. Note how it's built into a concrete structure that was built on top of an old Roman amphitheatre. It's so weird to my Western eye to see this kind of history being consumed by such modern work. I suppose this was built in the communist era, when they just worshipped cement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike;
Great pictures!! It was so nice to talk to you this morning, I miss you and look forward to seeing you and hearing the tales of your adventures in person.
Take care.
Love, Mom

Tammie Jeppesen said...

That last picture is so crazy!

davin said...

Very cool shots Mike!