Friday, September 21, 2007

moving on... *sigh*

It seems that I've reached a point where I must either move on, or stay and try to hold on to something really special that probably wouldn't last. I never expected to find myself in this position, and now that I'm here it's bittersweet. Suffice it to say that I'll never forget my time in Budva.

Tomorrow morning I'll be leaving early for Podgorica and then on to Kosovo via Serbia. I've said my goodbyes already and now I'm trying to refocus on new adventures. I remember going through vaguely the same thing in Sarajevo, where I met such cool people and it was hard to leave, but not to the same extent.

So... talk to you again from... Novi Pazar? Pristina? I don't exactly know yet. Depends on how many bus connections I can make tomorrow.

cheers,
Mike

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike;
Is it the "people" or the cute Swede you don't want to leave? Maybe both? Perhaps your paths will cross again if it's meant to happen. If not, you have made memories that will last forever.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike. Nice to read that you had a Hanna experience. Kinda adds an unexpected element to travel, I think. Bittersweet, perhaps, but certainly some nice memories and probably a pen pal anyway. I'm so impressed you're keeping up some decent journaling/blogging of your trip. You should put together a slide show when you're back in Victoria! Carry on the adventures and I'll continue to enjoy reading your excellent accounts. Claire

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike;
I've been faascinated to read about your travels and to see the pictures. Wow! Unforgettable stuff! You really are very adventurous...or doo-lally:)
Both your Mom and Matty have shown me how to comment and so far I have failed twice! Duh..
I have have been following with huge interest. Now here goes...
Angie