Wednesday, September 19, 2007

not much!

Today was a 'do nothing' day. I spent it at the beach with a cute blond Swede named Hanna. Not bad eh?

Got soaked, twice, in two separate thunderstorms. I think that because everything is now so wet, I'll stay here both tonight and tomorrow. This place is really, really comfortable and fun. I could stay much longer, I'm sure, but eventually I have to get out of here!

Finally I think I've found a route through to Kosovo and then on to Sophia and eventually Istanbul. There's a town called Novi Pazar that's in Serbia, just north of the Kosovo border. There should be a bus from Podgorica to Novi Pazar, and then apparently the city is a major access point for Prishtina in Kosovo. That route would give me a proper Serbian entry visa, which would then allow me to leave Kosovo via Serbia to the east. The only down side is it means no UN stamp in the passport, but that little treat will have to be sacrificed to the reality of the situation. On the up side, Novi Pazar sounds pretty interesting in itself, so it might warrant a night of its own. I'm guessing that it'll be about 8 hours to get there (3 to Podgorica, 5 more to Novi Pazar).

Not much else to report here. I'm going to play tennis on some beautiful clay courts tomorrow morning. Thought that would be kind of a neat thing to do.

later!
Mike

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and I'm sure the cute Swede has nothing to do with your wanting to stay there tonight and tomorrow, right Mikey?!
Glad you're having a good time, stoked to hear more from you!

Safe travels & hugs,

Linds

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike;
I ranted back today but it seems to be posted under Tuesday's "rant", guess I did that some how.
So good to be kept up to date.
Love, Mom

bms said...

haha, hi Linds. I'm sure you're right. ;)

spongeknuckles said...

Go Mikey Go! Eagerly following your exploits of adventure, table crashing, laundry, bus connections and the Swedish Bikini Team.

Tammie Jeppesen said...

If it's hard to leave, maybe that means you should chill out there for a while :)